Companies & Labour laws:
- Companies bidding for a goverment contract, have to stick to the inicial bill given, if the company exceeds the bid, the rest of the expences, will be at the expense of the company. (example: company offers to build a bridge for 1 million, but the end cost are 1.5 million the company will have to fork up the 0.5 million to complete the bridge and must finish the construction of the bridge at own cost.)
- Scructure: A company can not have multiple presidents, multiple CEO's, multiple vice presidents and miltiple secretaries. if a company is to have a president and a CEO and vice presidents, the number of directors/CEO's is one of each. Each president and CEO is allowed to have no more then 1 vice presidents / 1 Secretary. Too many structure levels is only bureaucracy and is only a money pit.
- Profits: go to the owner(s) of the company but of the profits 100% must stay in Beaulosagñe and 50% must be reinvested in the Beaulosagñese economy.
- tax-deductables luches, company cars/airplanes/helicopters, clothing and or beauty products can not be written off as tax deductable. Only the organizing of a charitable event that benefits the local or national interests is deductable, check with your local goverment what would fall onder the term "charitable event"
- A president and/or the CEO is not allowed to earn over 100X the salary of a floor worker.
- A company can not give wages below the minimum wage loan to a floor worker.
- Hourly wages of men and women must be the same (at same age level and same job).
- A company is at no time alowed to hire slave or child labour in or ourside the country.
- The workplace is all times considered public area, and therefore smoking in the workplace and it buildings is prohibited at all times.
- Work days may not excede 8 hours per day, nor excede 5 days a week.
- Over-time: If a worker does do over time, the worker gets compensated 1½ for every hour worked over-time. If he has build up in the month, more then 8 hours over-time, he has to be given a full day off. if the worker exceeds 4 days of over-time freedays, the company must hire more workers.
- sunday workers have right to 2 (consecutive) days off in the week so their work schedule does not exceed more then 5 days. Saturday, one is not allowed to work.
- 0 hours contracts, is not a contract, and can not be offered by a company. the minimum that can be offered as job contract is a 40 hour/ per month (based on 10 hours per week) contract in which the rest could be offered as stand in/ on call. But the stand in/ on call period can not be requested for during the weekend, ever.
- A company must provide a healthy work enviroment, with adequate licht and air ventilation.
- A company must provide protection equipment, where required by law. (example: a miner needs a helmet, light, earplugs) and can not charge the cost of this protective equipment to the worker, or deduct it from his salary.
- In the case the company want a worker to wear their uniform, the company can not charge the cost of this uniform to the worker, or deduct it from his salary.
- A company must provide escape routes from the workplace for the savety of its workers in case of fire and needs to hold a fire drill once ever 3 month. And plenty of escape routes for all personal to be able to escape in as little time as possible.
- Have a clean and adequate cantine where workers can eat and sit.
- Have an adequate amount of clean and stocked, gender separate, WC's. (companies can not charge money to their workers for the use of these WC's, nor ask workers to take time off when going to the washroom.)
- A company does not need to give time-off for prayer or other non-company activities during work hours.
- A company does not need to set aside a location for prayer or other non-company activities in the workplace.
- Head covering might be banned, if it interferes with the use of protective gear. (such as the need to wear a helmet in the construction) washing hands
- A storeowner has the right to fire a employee (without right of benefits, see justified firing) that refuses to sell certain product the store owner has in his store. The employee at the time of being hired could have looked at the products the storeowner sells and decided then at that moment, if certain products were not up to his religious or personal moral standards. The storeowner is not responcible for the religious or personal moral standards of his employee. [decieving] to get the job, is a just cause for firing, it is considered lying.
- A company has the right to demand from it future employee(s), to show proof of good behaviour, before they get hired. A certificate that can be obtained from your local municipality where the future employee lives, the cost of this certificate can not be asked from the future employee, since it is the company who does demand this certificate.
- A company can not call/fax/texmessage/tweet/email it's workers during their days off/ their weekend off, workrelated info. (If the worker does work during the sunday rotation shift, this above mentioned law does not apply.)
National holidays, holidays;
- the company must give the worker these days off or has to pay for working on national holiday a double wage.)
- A company must give the worker right to one week paid vacation per year. (this is excluding national holidays). Two weeks for workers over 50 years of age.
- A company can not call/fax/textmessage/tweet/email it's workers during their vacation period, workrelated info.
A company must pay 80% of the travel expenses, if the worker lives more the 25km away from the job-location.
have legal right of existing and enjoy goverment protection. If the company and the labour Union can not come to an agreement, either one of the two parties might call in the help of the court to settle the issue.
If a company hires temporary workers, 1% of this group must get a permanent contract at the end of it temporary contract. (this law does not apply to guest workers)
Temporary contracts: A company can extend a temporary contract in only one fasion:
- step one: a worker gets hired first term for three month.
- step two: a second term can be added, this is always half a year, no shorter.
- step three: a third term can be added, this is always a one year contract, after this the company must hire the worker on a full contract or let him go. no more temporary term can be added. (from this step three group, 1% must be hired full time.)
- 0 hours jobs (that garantee nothing) are not allowed to be offered, the company has to provide a determented amount of hours of work. (even if it is as low as 10 hour/week) A worker, can not be asked to sit by the phone, waiting all day, just to be called in, at last minutes notice.
- last minute call in workers, must get payed, time and a half, and get a call atleast 2 hours in advance to get to work.
may only be hired, if for the jobposition offered (nation wide) none is adequadly qualified. In this case the jobposition may be posted internationally. If this happens the goverment needs to be informed and a workvisa needs to be obtained.
Termination of the position:
In the case of termination of work/layoff of a worker, the company must pay the temporary worker one month wage in damages (if the termination/layoff happens before the temporary contract is over), and the full time worker three month wages in damages.
of a worker: this happens when a worker is found:
- stealing (the theft must be reported to authorities, for it to have grounds.) In this case the thief get a criminal record.
- commiting fraud
- committing sexual harrasment
- commiting homophobia (A company that makes itself guilty of homophobia will get a fine of 10.000£STC)
- if an employee refuses to sell certain products the store is selling, on basis of his/her religious or personal moral standards. The storeowner is not responcible for the religious or personal moral standards of his employee.
- if an employee refuses to produce certain products the company is producing, on basis of his/her religious or personal moral standards. The company is not responcible for the religious or personal moral standards of his employee.
If a company claims bankrupcy, it first has to pay all the employees their salaries plus indemnisation pay, starting from the floorworker up, before anything else. Buildings/landholdings/CEO estates/CEO shares must be sold to pay for the salaries if necessary.